Permatex® Plastic Tank Repair Kit
Complete kit contains everything required for making professional-quality permanent repairs in just minutes. State-of-the-art components and easy-to-follow instructions with photographs. Repairs all types of plastic tanks. The repair resin is designed to harden within 8 10 minutes and cures in 30 minutes. Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to 75°F (10°C to 24°C). Repairs cracks up to 4 inches in length and holes up to 3/8 inch in diameter. (THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR USE ON PLASTIC FUEL TANKS).
Ideal for cars, trucks, boats and RV's; windshield washer reservoirs, radiator overflow tanks, coolant reservoirs, water tanks, and waste tanks.
PLASTIC TANK REPAIR KIT THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR USE ON PLASTIC FUEL TANKS.The repair resin is designed to harden within 8 10 minutes and cures in 30 minutes. Read all directions before beginning repair. Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to 75°F (10°C to 25°C).Repairs made at lower temperatures will take longer to cure. Repairs can be made on cracks up to 4 inches in length and holes up to 3/8 inch in diameter.
- Drain tank or reduce fluid level at least 2 inches below damaged area.
- Prepare damaged area by removing any oil, grease, tar or dirt, etc. from repair area. Sand the affected area to at least 1 inch beyond the damage. A
- For cracks that may continue to expand, drill a small hole at each end of the crack.
- Clean the area with alcohol swab. B
- Cut the fiberglass cloth to fit within the sanded area.
- The resin must be mixed and applied in less than 8 minutes as the resin will begin to harden. Mix the resin as follows: Burst the seam that separates the two materials by applying pressure to one side. Knead the contents of the pouch back and forth until the mixture is of uniform color (mix for 2 minutes maximum). C
- Cut off the top of the pouch and dispense some of the resin mixture onto the damaged area. D
- Spread the resin mixture in a uniform layer with the suppliedbrush onto the area to be covered by the fiberglass. (Note: The material will become warm to touch.)
- Place the fiberglass over the resin covered area. Spread the remaining mixture over the fiberglass until it is completely saturated. E,F
- Taper the edges of the repair area beyond the fiberglass. Smooth the repaired area with the brush. G
Repair will be complete when the resin cures in 30 minutes. Tank may be refilled after 30 minutes or when the repair is tack free.
|US Part Number
||Canada Part Number
||1 kit, clamshelled