Permatex® Sensor-Safe Blue RTV Silicone Gasket Maker
OEM specified. The original Permatex Blue now with low odor formula. Will not foul oxygen sensors. Replaces almost any cut gasket. Makes reliable “formed-in-place” gaskets that resist cracking, shrinking and migrating. Coats pre-cut gaskets to increase reliability. Temperature range -65°F to 500°F (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent; resists auto and shop fluids.
Valve covers, oil pans, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake and Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16" to 1/4" (2 to 6 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth or Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with non-flammable cleaning fluid.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.
|US Part Number
||Canada Part Number
||12.9 oz. cartridge