Permatex® Ultra Blue® Multipurpose RTV Silicone Gasket Maker
OEM specified. Designed specially for high-torque and high vibration applications, like those common in import engines, this premium RTV gasket maker exceeds manufacturers performance requirements. Sensorsafe, low odor, and noncorrosive. Maximum vibration resistance, with outstanding resistance to oils, cooling and shop fluids. Guaranteed not to leak. Temperature range -65ºF to 500ºF (-54°C to 260°C) intermittent.
Valve covers, oil pans, and timing covers.
Valve covers, oil pans, intake manifold end seals, timing covers, water pumps, thermostat housings
- For best results, clean and dry all surfaces with a residue-free solvent, such as Permatex® Brake & Parts Cleaner.
- Cut nozzle to desired bead size gaskets are best formed using a 1/16" to 1/4" (2 to 6 mm) bead.
- Apply a continuous and even bead of silicone to one surface; surround all bolt holes. Assemble parts immediately. Finger tighten bolts until material begins to squeeze out around flange. Allow to dry for one hour then retighten 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
- Silicone dries in 1 hour, and fully cures in 24 hours. Allow more time in cold or very dry conditions.
- Replace cap after use. Clean hands with dry cloth or Permatex® Fast Orange® Hand Cleaner. Clean tools with nonflammable cleaning fluid.
NOTE: Not recommended for use on head gaskets or parts in contact with gasoline.
|US Part Number
||Canada Part Number
||3.35 oz. tube, carded