Permatex® Rust Treatment
Provides one-step treatment that destroys old rust and prevents new rust. Just brush or spray on. Within minutes, rust is replaced by a durable black polymer coating that may be painted. Excellent protective primer. Specially formulated to be used with body filler and fiberglass. Can be used when temperature is between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32°C) and on surfaces which do not exceed 200°F (93°C). Aerosol – Level 2
Encapsulates rust on automotive applications; trucks, trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, fences, guard rails, bulkheads, overheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine paint), agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, and snow removal equipment.
Destroys rust on all truck applications; trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, agricultural equipment, plows, tractors, snow removal equipment, etc.
Destroys rust on trailers, storage tanks, pipes, valves, bulkheads, decks, hatch covers (topcoat with appropriate marine equipment, plows, tractor)
- Use gloves to prevent staining of hands.
- Scrape or wipe off dirt & oil. Sand or wire brush rusted surface.
- Shake well before using.Pour a small amount of Permatex® Rust Treatment into a separate disposable container. Do not return unused material to bottle, or dip the applicator into the original bottle, as contents may be prematurely activated.
- Brush or sponge on a thin layer using long thin strokes. Try to contain Rust Treatment to rusted area being treated as product will stain surrounding paint. Remove splatters with detergent and water immediately.
- A black coating will begin to appea rin 15-30 minutes. Apply a second thin coat within 20 minutes, to produce a uniform color.
- Allow 24 hours protected from moisture before top coating. Acrylic latex finish paints require a solvent-based primer/sealer before painting. Lacquer/enamel-base paints may be used without a primer.
- Clean brushes and other tools immediately after use with detergent/water.
- For Automotive Applications (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR AUTOMOTIVE EXTERIOR SHEETMETAL REPAIRS): Allow an extra 24 hours drying time to allow trapped moisture to evaporate before top coating. For a smooth finish, use sandable primer and sand with 220 grit or finer sandpaper before top coating.
|US Part Number
||Canada Part Number
||16 fl. oz. bottle