This product will work only on tabs that have become detached from the side grid of electric defogger. This product will not work on bare wires that have
been soldered to window grid and have been removed. Surfaces to be adhered must be smooth and flat.
Read all directions before beginning repair. Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to 75°F (10°C to 24°C).
1. Turn off the rear defogger. Carefully remove the tab from the wire assembly.
2. Ensure that the tab is flat and makes complete contact with the mounting surface.
3. Clean the lead attachment area on the rear window and tab with alcohol towelette. (A) Note: DO NOT mount the tab on the same grid area if the grid has
been removed from the glass. There must be grid so that a complete circuit can be made.
4. If the grid has come off with the tab, rub the tab on a flat piece of 180 grit or finer sand paper until the surface is flat and of the same color. (B)
5. Grasp the corners of the Cleaner-Activator Towelette Packet (Part A) and gently pull apart until green towelette is completely visible. DO NOT REMOVE
TOWELETTE FROM PROTECTIVE FOIL COVER. (C)
6. Hold the Cleaner-Activator Towelette by the back of the protective foil cover. (D) Wipe the grid area of the window where the tab is to be attached and
wipe the mounting surface of the tab itself. (E) Allow the activator to dry for at least 2 minutes. (Tab must be attached within 15 minutes of activation.)
DO NOT TOUCH the grid mounting surface or the tab.
7. Thoroughly knead the tab adhesive pouch until the adhesive is of a uniform beige color. Do this by the placing pouch on a firm surface and moving
adhesive back and forth with fingernail. (F)
8. Cut the top of the pouch. Apply one drop of adhesive to the surface of the tab. (G)
9. Immediately apply tab to rear window grid; hold firmly for 1 minute. (H) Allow 24 hours to cure before turning on defogger. (I) If a multimeter is
available, check between tab and grid for continuity. There should be 0 ohms resistance between the tab and grid. (J)
10. Uncured adhesive around the tab may be cleaned off with alcohol.QUICK GRID® REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER REPAIR
This product is designed to repair scratched or broken rear window defogger grid lines. Read all directions before beginning repair.
Repairs can be made ideally at temperatures from 50°F to 75°F (10°C to 24°C).
1. Determine which grid line(s) is/are broken and where the repairs need to be made. Do this visually or use a multimeter.
2. Turn off the rear defogger. Clean the surface of the glass with alcohol towelette. (A)
3. Remove the protective backing from the stencil provided. (B)
4. Carefully place the stencil over the broken area of the grid. Make sure to align both ends of the broken line with the stencil. (C)
5. Make sure there is a good seal between the window and the stencil. Press the stencil against the glass and make sure that all air bubbles are removed.
6. Shake the bottle of repair compound well. If solid material remains on the bottom or sides of the bottle, it may become necessary to use a toothpick
to mix completely. (D)
7. Using the small brush provided, apply the repair compound over the top of the stencil. (E) Make sure that the repair compound overlaps with both
ends of the broken line.
8. Wait for the surface to become tack free. Repeat the application procedure three (3) times. Look through the window from the inside; there should
be no light showing through the repaired area. If light shows through, apply another coat of repair compound.
9. Remove the stencil after 30 minutes. (F) Wait 24 hours before turning on the defogger. (G) (If a multimeter is available, check for resistance.
There should be 0 ohms resistance on either side of the “fix”.) (H)